- Place your Christmas tree in the corner of block it off from your pet.
- Keep decorations out of your pet's reach. Low hanging tinsel, ornaments or lights are hazards to your pet's health.
- Keep holiday plants away from your pet. Mistletoe, holly, amaryllis and cyclamen are all poisonous to pets. Poinsettias are toxic, as are live trees.
- Burning candles should be placed on high surfaces. This can prevent fires and accidental burns.
- Keep your pet away as you wrap gifts. String, plastic and wrapping paper cause intestinal blockage if ingested.
- Keep holiday food away from your pet. Many rich and fatty holiday foods can cause serious problems for your pet.
- If you have guests, make accommodations for your pet. Your pet may be fearful of visitors or extremely excited. Either way, a quiet room away from visitors and food may be in order.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Holiday Pet Safety Tips
We wish you and your pet a healthy and happy holiday season. Here are some tips to keep your pet safe during your celebrations.